My favourite products

My favourite products
Which one to use today ...

About my beauty missions

I have always suffered from dry, sensitive skin with eczema. For years I just used my trusty old friend, E45, but then one day I woke up and spotted my first wrinkle- alarm bells went off! If I have 'dry skin,' I thought, then surely I must be even more succeptable than most to the aging process? Thus began my beauty mission. My quest to find the best skincare and anti-aging products out there for dry, sensitive skin...



Saturday, 8 January 2011

How many eye creams is too many eye creams?


Voila my current stock of eye creams!
From left to right:

Burts bees radience eye cream (used for about 4 weeks, didn't seem to absorb properly, ok but not overly impressed, moisture didn't seem to last)

Dr. Harnik Stop puffy eyes gel (used for about 4 days under eye cream- hassel waiting for it to absorb- saw no difference in puffiness- gave up!)
Nivea Q10 anti-wrinkle eye cream (researched 'best budget eye cream' and this came up. Not even opened, am waiting to finish my .....

Simple anti-wrinkle eye cream (also came up when I reseached 'best budget eye cream' and my original idea was to compare this to nivea Q10, using this up first and then switching to nivea.... so far still using the simple! Bit thin in texture, not convinced it's rich enough)

Avene Ystheal+ contour des yeux (bought in curiosity and in my love of avene products. Probably very good but I was not patient enough to use it consistently, use it now and then, still feels rather thin and watery, not creamy enough)

Avene soothing eye contour cream (love the creamy texture, very moisturising for my dry skin but no anti-wrinkle properties- *sobbing bitterly*)

Simple kind to eyes soothing eye balm (a Christmas pressi from hubbie- ha ha he knows me well! This used to be an old fave when I was young and crease-free, now I use it to refresh my eyes during the day as an extra treat)

I have now got to the ridiculous and point where my impatience has peaked and I have caved in to buying another new one today!


Weleda wild rose intensive eye cream!

A TK - MAX bargain, reduced from £11.95 to £4.99 (yes- sucked in!)

Never even heard of the 'make' but the list of ingredients is amazing- all natural oils etc, no fragrance, and then in the shop I sneakliy pulled out the inside leaflet and read it an the instructions said you could apply it over your eyelids! Woo-hoo SOLD!

I will review this properly as soon as I've had time to use it for a few days... if I can fit it in my busy eye cream schedule....
My eye cream obsession....

I am obviously aware that, by having too many eye creams and not using them consistently, I am not getting the full benefits from any of them but still I cannot resist buying more- what is wrong with me??? Addicted to eye creams!

I'm afraid I am obsessed with my 'puffy eyes' -as I call them- even though no one else confirms that they are (which, to be honest would be quite rude so I'm not complaining.)
When I was younger (like, 7 or 8 years old) I had E45 cream prescribed to me by my doctor for my eczema, and I remember him saying, "use it all over your face, twice a day," so I did, including my eyelids! I remember one day being in the bathroom, fastidiously creaming my eyelids with this thick heavy cream when my mum came in and said, "darling! What are you doing? You musn't put cream on your eyelids! It will make them all puffy!" Well mum, I'd been doing it for months.... and the fear of having puffy eyes has stuck with me for life!
But even back then, I liked the feeling of putting moisturising cream on my eyelids, I need to do this, otherwise after washing my face the skin feels too tight and dry, so I am always looking for creams that say you can apply on the lid. Nothing is more annoying to me than opening the packaging and reading the 'instructions' that say to apply to the under eye area only (Dr. Harnik I am talking to you- do you really think women don't care about puffy eyelids? Think again)

In the past I have managed to stick to one eye cream until I finished it, but I started off in my early 20s with an inexpensive 'simple eye balm' and gradually got into more and more expensive ones, (like all addicts!) from burts bees to clinique and finally a wonderful eye cream by caudalie. The caudalie was my favourite but at £26 a pop I decided it was too frivolous and I could probably get the same effect from a 'budget' eye cream. So I reseached the 'best' ones on google and my searches mainly came up with these 2:
Simple anti-wrinkle eye cream
Nivea Q10 anti-wrinkle eye cream
Arch enemies or best friends???
I am on my second tube of the simple but I wish I had switched to the nivea straight away really. Although I was initially hapy with the simple eye cream, now, in the depths of winter, my eyes are craving more moisture throughout the day, my creases I feel are getting more, not less visible. Maybe I am imagining it? I have sneakily tried a bit of the Q10 and it seems to have a thicker texture, less gel-like than the simple, more of a thicker cream.
I would love to hear other people's personal experiences of these 2 eye creams- which one really is best? Can budget eye creams really work?

One of my problems is that I want an eye cream that does it all, but I'm afraid of buying a really expensive one incase it's no good- or even if it's really good- and I'm tempted to commit a small fortune to buying it regularly. Are the more expensive ones really that much better? I want an eye cream for sensitive eyes as I sometimes get eczema on my eyelids. I want an eye cream that I can apply all over my eyelid so it feels soothed and moisturised all day. I want one that will depuff my eyes and get rid of all my wrinkles, with natural ingredients and no fragrances.
Is that too much to ask?
Probably. *sighs heavily and applies eye cream*

4 comments:

  1. Hi i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anywhere,
    when i read this piece of writing i thought i could also make comment due to
    this sensible article.

    Feel free to surf to my website - similar internet page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the great work!

    Also visit my weblog - blogs.albawaba.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and
    I'm impressed! Very helpful information specially the last part :) I care for such information much. I was seeking this certain information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

    Here is my weblog - http://liftserumproblog.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. For latest information you have to pay a quick visit the
    web and on world-wide-web I found this website as a
    finest web page for most recent updates.

    Check out my blog post: Lift and glow pro review

    ReplyDelete